The GREENSTEEL Council invites you to The GREENSTEEL Council’s Inaugural Conference held on 17th May at Liberty Steel, Rotherham.
The GREENSTEEL Council was formed last year to support the implementation of low carbon solutions to the challenges facing steel and other metal production in the UK.
The Conference will explore how to make the steel industry sustainable and a career of choice and the GREENSTEEL’s objectives for the UK which are to:
- Attack the growing mountain of exported scrap
- Invest in green energy in conjunction with industrial growth
- Invest in British engineering and rebuild downstream industries using UK steel
- Deliver domestic economic growth and power national industrial strategy through revitalisation of steel and manufacturing
Speakers on the day include:
- Gill Furniss MP, Shadow Steel Minister
- Sarah Champion MP, Rotherham MP
- Prof. Julian Allwood, Professor of Engineering and the Environment at the University of Cambridge
- Jay Hambro, Chief Investment Officer of GFG Alliance
- Ed Heath-Whyte, Environment and Energy Manager at Speciality Steels UK Department for Business, Energy, Innovation and Skills
- Niall Mackenzie, Director for Infrastructure and Materials, Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
Book your place now!
Follow the GFG Alliance on Twitter and use hashtag #GREENSTEELConference to follow updates.
Find out more about our GREENSTEEL Strategy and the GREENSTEEL Council
09.45 – Arrival – refreshments will be served
10.30 – Presentations
13.00 – Departure
Liberty Steel Rotherham
Car Parking: There is ample car parking space adjacent to the building.
Rotherham Central is the nearest train station to the venue and operates mainline services from the Midlands and London.
Suggested local taxi firms:
First Class Taxis – 01709 524444
Crystal Private Hire – 01709 850810
Skyline Taxis – 01709 525252